Neither are we mechanics (usually) nor can we do their job the way they do. But, what if you are on the road and your car starts giving you some trouble? Or what if it breaks down in the middle of the road and no humans are far enough away? What would you do? You are not a mechanic and you do not need to be one.
But if you have a bunch of necessary tool kits in your car, then you have a slight chance of reaching home or your destination on time. Plus, a little knowledge of car tools and equipment can increase your chances of survival. First, let’s see what are the reasons to have an automotive tool kit in our cars or what an emergency.
When you are going on a business trip or adventure, your car can come with many problems. The most common problems you may experience are as follows:
- Batter Drain out
- Flat tire
- Brake Trouble
- Engine Failure
- Fuel/Gas Outage
All of the above problems show up when you least expect them. Always make sure your car battery is in good condition before leaving for a trip. Besides, no one wants to fix their flat tire and spoil the fun of the whole trip. Be proactive about your tire health, check your tire pressure and age in advance. If your tires are worn, don’t hesitate to contact Harrad Auto Services for a tire replacement in Brampton. Get your brake pads, fluid, rotors, and drums checked to avoid dangerous situations. When you’re out, you can’t predict whether you’ll get to the next fuel station. There may be some other problems also which you may have to face. So, choose the right tire for any season, be it summer or winter, and enjoy a stress-free ride.
The basic tools that will allow you to perform basic mechanical repairs yourself are as follows:
- Hand Wrench/Spanner
- Pliers and Wirecutter
The above three are the most essential tools to have in a car as they are used to provide grip, turn, twist, or cut.
- Jack – Well, you may need a jack to lift your car for tire changes or other mechanical fixes.
- Empty Fuel Can- If you carry it with an empty fuel can, it will be easy to get fuel from the nearest station.
- First Aid Kit- Well, these are needed when you step out of your comfort zone for an adventure. Always carry a first aid kit with you. You never know who might require it.
- Spare Tire – Always carry a spare tire because who knows when you might need it.
- Fire Extinguishers- It is not always about the car but about the situations where you might need them.
- Flashlight and batteries – On night walks, you may need a flashlight to locate and fix the problem.
- Jumper Cables – They can be a lifesaver in times of a battery outage to jump-start your car or truck.
- Service Manual – Contains important how-to and diagnostic information about each repairable part of your car.
They are never enough as there are hundreds of other automotive/electrical equipment each with its own purpose.